Meyer Lemon Friendship Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon good vanilla
- zest of 6 meyer lemons
- 4 tablespoons meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened toasted shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar for rolling cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread shredded coconut on a small cookie sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally,until just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and cool.
- Directions For Meyer Lemon Friendship Cookies 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with Bakers Joy. 2.In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. 3. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and very fluffy; about 4 minutes. 4. Beat in egg, vanilla. Meyer Lemon zest and juice. 5. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients and toasted coconut into the butter and sugar mixture. 6. Roll rounded tablespoons of dough into balls and roll in sugar. Place on prepared cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. 7. Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until very lightly browned. 8.Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.