I also wanted to let you all know before I get busy with the recipe that I am working on some little cookbooks.
They will be available on the blog in the next couple of months, I am keeping them easy and basic so they will be a great accompaniment to your existing cookbooks.
Now on with the recipes and thank you for joining me today.
yield: 24 Coconut Shrimp
Beer Batter Coconut Shrimp ( Adapted From Allrecipes)
- 24 medium size cleaned & deveined Shrimp with tails on
- 3/4 bottle of Belgian Pale Ale Beer
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 4 cups oil
- Fry Daddy/or fryer of choice
- In medium bowl, combine egg, 3/4 cup flour, beer and baking powder. Place 1/4 cup flour and coconut in two separate bowls. Hold shrimp by tail, and dredge in flour, shaking off excess flour. Dip in egg/beer batter; allow excess to drip off. Roll shrimp in coconut, and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a deep-fryer. Fry shrimp in batches: cook, turning once, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Using tongs, remove shrimp to paper towels to drain. Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
- 3/4 Cup Marmalade 1/2 cup Honey 1/4 cup Yellow Mustard 1/4 cup Horseradish 4 drops Hot Pepper Sauce
- Mix orange marmalade, honey, mustard, horseradish and hot sauce in a bowl. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Super happy to share with you that ticket sales are going good for the Brighten Workshop being held next month.
We have added some exciting new features to the workshop, details to follow on Friday as well as a video of the Sweet Shoppe.
Ticket sales available on the sidebar using PayPal.
Affiliate links are included on this post.