This is the year for me to start a little collection of MacKenzie-Childs handmade ceramics
but until I do, I did a little copycat DIY of my own.
I have been having fun tinkering away with bandanas, modge podge and my small collection
of saved pickle jars, jelly jars, salsa jars, olive jars...
I have turned these mismatched misfits into decorative pieces
for our home,and here is how you do it...
Time from start to finish about 3 hours, with labels soaked off prior to beginning project.
This is what you will need~
1. Various size jars, with labels removed.
( labels need to be removed or they will show through the fabric)
2. Bandanas or fabric of choice.
3. Modge Podge,
4. Gold paint.
5. Paint brush.
Directions, here we go- easy peasy.
1. Roughly measure fabric and cut to fit jars-don't overlap fabric, as you can see in this picture it will
2. Cover jar in modge podge with paint brush.
3. Press fabric onto jar and apply more modge podge over fabric pressing down to secure and
removing all air bubbles.
4. Let dry about 30 minutes to an hour and apply a second coat of modge podge.
5. When completely dry add gold paint to rims of jars.
So save those jars and use your artistic passion to create something decorative for your home!
Please Join Me ~
Live Laugh Rowe
Cozy Little House
French Country Cottage
Rooted In Thyme
Daily Cup Of Mrs. Olson
Ivy and Elephants